Break in the action

I took a break from "Dead Drunk" for a few days to work a side project for my great-nephew.

Now, I don't know if he's a great nephew -- I'm pretty sure I'm not a great uncle -- but he's my sister's daughter's son so the project was necessary.

Anyway, I wrote a short (24 page) children's book for Austin. My avuncular tale was the story of Flat Stanley's adventures in Florida.

It won't make the NYT bestseller list but hopefully it'll crack Austin's top 10.

So, it's back to the grind. I had to re-outline DD over the weekend but I'm on track. Goal for the week: complete chapter 2.

I've found that taking the time to update "Where There's Smoke" keeps me focused and on task. I don't use my real writing time to update here but thanks to my smart phone, I can use my time in the "media room" to keep my thoughts organized.

I hope Austin enjoys my little side project as much as I did. I just need to make sure he understands that we didn't really eat mermaid.

I'm saving that for one of the sequels to DD.

Keep writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Return to Loo Corner

Seven 7hings: To Hate About Houston