Going Down to the Crossroads

Random thoughts from Crossroads Writers 2012, blowing across the barren wasteland of my mind...

- Chris Horne did a phenomenal job...of doing what Heather told him to do.  The Hornes and the entire Crossroads krewe were incredible hosts.

- I have four new writing heroes:  Susannah Breslin, Emilie P. Bush, Joe Kovac Jr., and Christina Ranallo.  Writers write but these four also rock.

- Steamduck is a thing and I can confirm: he does, in fact, learn to fly. (http://www.amazon.com/Steamduck-Learns-FLY-Steampunk-Picture/dp/0984902813/)

- I'm fairly certain Chuck Wendig's beard is plotting to overthrow the government of Iowa.

- Adam Mansbach and Kevin Maurer caught lightning in a bottle...because they're really good at carrying bottles in thunderstorms.

- I actually worked "Sam Jackson" and "boner" into a single sentence during my brief meeting with Adam Mansbach.  How ya like me now?

- Kevin Coval's poetry at 8:30 Saturday morning set the bar really, really high.

- I hate Chris Baty with the white-hot intensity of 10,000 red giants.  And, yes...I did register for NaNoWriMo.  Why do you ask?

- I ran into Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Mitch Weiss in the 5th floor hallway of the Macon Marriott City Center.  No...I mean I literally ran into him.  Sorry, Mitch.

- The elegance and grace of Bernice McFadden cannot be expressed in words.  It must be experienced.

- The quirkiness and mirth of Delilah S. Dawson cannot be expressed in words.  It must be experienced.

- The Allman burger at The Rookery was delicious but I'll not soon forgive them for not having peach milk shakes.  It's Georgia, for God sake!

- The trip was better because my lovelies -- Lisa and Lauren -- were with me.  Thank you, ladies.

- October 4, 2013 cannot get here soon enough.


Thanks again to all responsible for Macon (see what I did there?) this such a wonderful weekend.  I'll see y'all next year down at the Crossroads!


Comments

  1. Love your blog! I too had an amazing weekend... your words sum it up perfectly! Email me at betsy@penpaperwrite.com . I work with Christina, she'd love to follow up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joe for the review. I want to see big chunks of your writing;you make me want to sit down and listen. You have a lucky family!
    Christina Ranallo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Return to Loo Corner

Seven 7hings: To Hate About Houston